A HS2 Viaduct will go straight through here
We recently found out that our award winning organic farm is on the proposed route of the government's new high speed rail line. The proposed route would cut straight through wildlife habitats, woodland, grassland, lakes and historic features.
As well as the enviromental impact on a site of special scientific interest the route which involves a concrete viaduct up to 21m high will destroy 2 business; Swillington Organic Farm and our Fishing Lakes and lead to people losing their jobs.
At the moment the route is proposed so we hope it can be changed
if we shout loud enough.
The uncertainty at the moment means we can't invest or grow our businesses so the sooner this is resolved the better.
We've already received coverage on BBC News, Yorkshire Post, Daily Mail and The Telegraph but we need your help too.
What Can I do to Help?
If you value the greenbelt, woodland, our eco-friendly way of farming or local businesses please help us protect Swillington Farm from HS2 by:
- Signing the goverment e-petition here: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45151
- Sharing this with your friends, family and collegues
- Writing to our MP Alec Shelbrooke
- Writing to the Transport Minister
- Joining the group on facebook and signing up to our newsletter so you can help again when the official consultation opens
Thank you for your support - we hope we can keep producing great local food for years to come!
The Swillington Organic Farm Team